So this week I got to hang out with Jyen for my month-late birthday. She decided to ask me to drive to Downtown LA to get dinner at Spitz, a Mediterranean bar selling sandwiches, located at Little Tokyo. Since I've never been there, it was a journey that I was willing to take! But we had to go through parking first.
If you've never been to Downtown LA or well, any part of Los Angeles, the number one thing that you must always remember is to bring change for parking meters or dollars for the charged parking lots. You can try your luck with street parking, which we did, and after driving around the block two to three times, we found a really good spot at the parking meters that was only across the street from the bar.
Going into the bar, you notice right away the many tables and seats that were packed full of people. It's weird because there was a table located right in front, so when you walk in the bar, you have to walk around the table. The bartender and the bar section was located at the right side of the bar, and on the side of the bar, closest to the door, was where the menus are. I didn't know what was going on or what to do so I followed Jyen and turns out you have to order your meal first, then the bartender gives you a number and you find a seat and sit down, showing your number so the servers can find you. Once the servers find and serve you, you are basically on your own for the rest of the meal until you leave. They will come and clean your table up so don't worry about leaving your trash! But also don't be those rude people and trash the place.
First off, I LOVE the fries. The fries were thin and crispy (which is always a huge plus for me since I like crispy food) but still had some potatoes in there so it works for the people that loves potatoes (like one of my sisters loves it) so yay!
The wrap had beef, lettuce, onions, little croutons and a sauce which was sweet. The beef was tasty, even though the picture makes it looks dry, it wasn't hard to chew and the juices would still come out even in thin layers. I feel like the beef only took up probably 15% of the wrap while the other 85% was covered in the lettuce, onions and the little croutons. The onions were overpowering after a while and I got a little tired of the many lettuce that was packed in it. The little croutons were the surprise that kept the wrap interesting and tasty, so I started to look for them.
My one big problem was the fact that they wrapped the wrap with a brown paper and didn't do a good job at the bottom. They literally have the brown paper wrapped in the wrap so when you get to the bottom and try to unravel it, the rest of the wrap falls apart. The first half of the wrap I ate, I tried to take the brown paper off completely before eating it, before realizing that it was literally in the wrap and that made it messy. The second half of the wrap, I tried to slowly eat and unwrap the wrap but still, in the end, it came out a mess. So if you ever try this, then know that it becomes messy in the end of the wrap, no matter how clean you try to go at it.
Overall, I thought of this place as kind of Panera style, order up front and then go sit and wait for the server to come with your food. Except this time you don't have to clean up after you eat! The food was great but I would come back here to try out the other choices they had. Definitely come back here for the fries for sure and if I do come back for their food, I would have it in the sandwich style, and not the wrap style!







0 comments:
Post a Comment