Hello~! This is Jyen here! I am no professional food critic but I'm going to give you my thoughts and opinions on all the food adventures I been to. Please do enjoy reading it~!
Just a couple days ago, I decide to go eat at the food court at Mitsuwa. If you guys don't know about this place, Mitsuwa is a Japanese market with many unique items you don't see in regular, American market. They also have different individual small sections within the market. For example, a mochi store, bakery, manga bookstore, makeup, tea and etc. You could also do your grocery in here and they range from many unique Japanese snacks or food items. I tend to just go for their snacks because I love junk food and you can't find it anywhere! If you are interested in seeing a bit of Japanese culture, then come visit Mitsuwa. Have a small glimpse of Japanese food and products!
The food court has many different type of Japanese traditional food. For ever single store, you could only pay in cash. So be sure to just bring cash because they do not accept credit.
The shop I went to was called Santouka, very well known for their ramen. I got a regular size Shoyu Ramen, soy sauce flavor ramen. Once you ordered and paid for your food, you will receive a number. The food actually comes out pretty quick, so there is no long wait to get your food, only takes like a minute or two. They do not have any microphone yelling your number, instead you just have to stand around the shop to know when your food is there. They give you a tray and you just carry it to your table once your number is called. When your finish eating, just leave your bowl there and the workers will clean it up for you.
![]() |
| Shoyu Ramen |
![]() |
| Size of the Bowl. |
The flavor of this broth was amazing. It had a sweet taste. It was very enjoyable and good. The noodles were tiny bit hard but still amazing! The meat was soft and tender. The bamboo shoot, which are my favorite, had a little crunch but was soft. I am not a big fan of ramen but for me to enjoy it, that is saying a lot as it is.
The only cons I had about this was there was a thin layer of oil on top of the broth. It was quite oily, which I am not a fan of. They did not give that much meat but you could always ask for extra, which cost 99 cent. It was also salty so each time I took a sip of the broth I felt really thirsty and kept grabbing water. At the shop, they had free water and cups for people to get on their own which I took a few trips there...
I really did enjoy the sweetness and flavor the broth gave but the saltiness was over powering and I felt like a drank a tub of salt water.
I really did enjoy the sweetness and flavor the broth gave but the saltiness was over powering and I felt like a drank a tub of salt water.
Overall, I did enjoy the ramen at Santoka ramen. Would I go here again? Maybe if it wasn't so pricey. I would give it 3 stars out of 5. I really did enjoy the topping and broth. It just had enough flavor. The downside was the price for the size, salty and the thin layer of oil.
Thank you and hope to see you soon on our next adventure!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment